Owl Cyber Defense (Tresys Technology **) currently has openings for Senior SELinux Security Engineers
. These are full-time, Software Engineering roles supporting our Professional Services division. We want you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great! Our team is full of technology leaders who take a creative approach and are excited about making a difference! You should be interested in developing security solutions using Linux and Android. You will apply analysis, design, and implementation skills to develop, configure, and analyze Linux systems.
Who you are
- You describe yourself as curious and persistent, love solving difficult technical problems, work best in a team environment, and like working on multiple projects at a time.
- You are currently the lead Linux person at your environment or would like to be.
- You enjoy understanding Linux OS security topics including: access control, least privilege, separation of duties, security goals, and defense in depth.
- You have experience doing some software development in C, Java and Scripting languages like Python.
- Experience in Go, Rust and Lua translates very well too.
- You are familiar with developing embedded software in a Linux environment including writing Linux drivers.
- You have a solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- You have the capability to use Wireshark and analyze PDU’s.
- If you have experience writing SELinux policy, that is a huge plus!
- You should have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Complex software development is a team exercise and we need people that can find the answers and then help others understand.
- You have familiarity with Linux administration, common services and command line usage.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
Some of your job responsibilities will include:
- You will use your creativity and a proven track record to find and implement solutions to real security problems. You will be asked to make contributions to architecture, design, test and implementation.
- You will identify security vulnerabilities in the system components or network devices and provide innovative solutions.
- You will provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- You will secure Linux based servers, troubleshoot Linux boot issues and provide fixes.
- You will identify relevant CVEs on our products and customer systems and close them out.
- You will use collaborative software development tools and workflows, including version control. We typically use Git.
- You will write reports and documents for certifications.
- You will gain deep knowledge of Linux OS security processes, issues, and challenges.
- You will work with a world class team of focused engineers.
- You will lead junior engineers, mentor team members, work with sales and marketing, write white papers, and participate in outside conferences.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred.