We currently have an opening for a Senior SELinux Security Engineer
. This is a full-time, Software Engineering role based in our Columbia, Maryland office. Tresys wants you to lead the way - push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great! Our team is full of technology leaders who take a creative approach and are excited about making a difference! You should be interested in developing security solutions using Linux and Android. You will apply analysis, design, and implementation skills to develop, configure, and analyze Linux systems.
Who you are
- You describe yourself as curious and persistent, love solving difficult technical problems, work best in a team environment, and like working on multiple projects at a time.
- You are currently the lead Linux person at your environment or would like to be.
- You enjoy understanding Linux OS security topics including: access control, least privilege, separation of duties, security goals, and defense in depth.
- You have experience doing some software development in C, Java and Scripting languages like Python.
- Experience in Go, Rust and Lua translates very well too.
- You are familiar with developing embedded software in a Linux environment including writing Linux drivers.
- You have a solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- You have the capability to use Wireshark and analyze PDU’s.
- If you have experience writing SELinux policy, that is a huge plus!
- You should have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Complex software development is a team exercise and we need people that can find the answers and then help others understand.
- You have familiarity with Linux administration, common services and command line usage.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
Some of your job responsibilities will include:
- You will use your creativity and a proven track record to find and implement solutions to real security problems. You will be asked to make contributions to architecture, design, test and implementation.
- You will identify security vulnerabilities in the system components or network devices and provide innovative solutions.
- You will provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- You will secure Linux based servers, troubleshoot Linux boot issues and provide fixes.
- You will identify relevant CVEs on Tresys products and customer systems and close them out.
- You will use collaborative software development tools and workflows, including version control. We typically use Git.
- You will write reports and documents for certifications.
- You will gain deep knowledge of Linux OS security processes, issues, and challenges.
- You will work with a world class team of focused engineers.
- You will lead junior engineers, mentor team members, work with sales and marketing, write white papers, and participate in outside conferences.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred.
Tresys Technology, LLC (www.tresys.com
) is a leader and trusted partner in cybersecurity. Our in-depth solutions are vital to helping our commercial, defense, intelligence, federal civilian agency and critical infrastructure customers meet ever-evolving cybersecurity threats. From network and perimeter defense to product security analysis to the practical application of SELinux, we deliver solutions that protect and connect the world’s most critical networks.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys employs around 50 full-time associates dedicated to solving difficult security problems for our clients. We offer a full benefit package that includes Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, and more. With an environment that promotes casual dress and flexible work hours, we can focus on producing results for our clients. Innovative security solutions are our business; valuing people is our culture. We will provide our engineers with:
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY
- Interesting problems at the heart of operating system security.
- An exciting, stable, small business work environment where creative thinking, expert software development skills, and team work are highly valued and rewarded.
- The freedom and autonomy you need to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Customers that need secure devices today to accomplish important work and missions.