Software Engineer - Cyber Security
Are you interested in contributing to the analysis and development of secure Linux computing environments? Tresys is looking for individuals interested in applying their Software Engineering skills towards OS hardening techniques and developing security solutions involving Linux. We are seeking outstanding and highly motivated computer engineers and developers with varying years of experience. We will train and mentor engineers to develop deep OS security knowledge and experience. You will apply software analysis, design, and implementation skills to develop, configure, and analyze computer security related software and associated security policies including SELinux. The work will involve design, analysis, and testing. Most of our clients are US Government Agencies so an active security clearance is a requirement (DoD Secret at a minimum).
We will provide:
- Linux security training and mentoring
- Work-Life Balance, potential for advancement, casual work environment.
- Interesting problems at the heart of operating system security.
- An exciting, stable, small business work environment where creative thinking, expert software development skills, and team work are highly valued and rewarded.
- The freedom and autonomy you need to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Customers that need secure systems today to accomplish important work and missions.
- Software development skills using Java, C++, or C, and scripting languages.
- XML development experience, SCALA is a plus.
- Follow SDLC processes including developing requirements.
- Creativity and a proven track record of finding and implementing solutions to real problems.
- Ability to independently identify technical problems, research and define solutions, and then implement in a timely manner.
- Experience in developing software for Linux targets.
- Familiarity with and the ability to discuss basic Linux OS security topics a plus.
- Experience using collaborative software development tools and workflows, including version control. Git experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Complex software development is a team exercise and we need people that can find the answers and then help others understand.
Innovative Security Solutions is Our Business:
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related field and 7 years of Linux experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (or above) is required due to Government contract requirements.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys Technology innovates and applies advanced technologies to solve the high-security requirements of commercial, critical infrastructure, defense and intelligence customers.
Valuing People is our Culture:
We think we have developed the ideal environment for creating a flourishing business AND a unique, enviable culture. We know that our culture is unique and that the work we do is interesting and challenging because we hear it all the time from our people. Our benefits include mentoring and training programs designed to identify and provide opportunities for career pathing; employee and family medical, vision, dental, and prescription plans; tuition reimbursement; corporate 401k contribution regardless of the amount of employee participation; a minimum of three weeks of vacation; a casual environment; flexible work hours/schedules; work/life balance; free biweekly lunches; weekly brown bag learning sessions; professional certification reimbursement; free sodas; CTF team; conference & seminar participation; R&D opportunities; certification study groups; and other professional development opportunities.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY