Security Analysis Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Security Analysis Engineering Manager for our Device Inspection and Analysis Lab (DIAL) in Columbia, MD.
As an Engineering Manager, you are expected to have deep knowledge about your technical domain, proven experience with team leadership, and a desire to support growing the business.
Our work is complex and engaging and we make sure our engineers have the environment and tools they need to get the job done. Our Security Analysts evaluate devices to understand how they work and how they behave when they break. We support both Red- and Blue Team engagements. Many of our engineers spend time taking systems apart, writing tools to augment COTS tools, and reverse engineering custom software. Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys Technology (www.tresys.com) innovates and applies advanced technologies to solve hard security problems. Our solutions are vital to helping defense, intelligence, federal and civilian agency, and critical infrastructure customers respond to cyber security threats that are constantly evolving.
- Team management, growth, and organization
- Professional development of team members
- Project management
- Metrics and projections
- Driving security initiatives
- Supporting growth through defining and implementing service offerings
- Process Improvement
- Experience with coding and scripting language
- Deep understanding of operating system security mechanisms
- At least 3 years’ applied experience with Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, attack methodologies, forensics analysis techniques, and/or malware analysis
- Knowledge of common vulnerability classes (e.g., buffer overflows, use after free, race conditions, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux, including knowledge at all layers (boot, kernel space, user space)
- Sharp analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Android or iOS security mechanisms
- Familiarity with Windows or Linux security mechanisms
- Experience using debuggers such as gdb, DDMS, WinDBG
- Experience using reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, Binary Ninja, Radare2, or Ghidra
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP stacks, RF communications, routing protocols, or others)
- Experience developing mitigations and recommendations for strengthening the overall security posture of a solution
- Motivation to research and remain up to date with emerging threats and technologies
- Provide subject matter expertise to support detection, analysis, and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities
- Experience developing custom exploits and exploitation tools
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with vulnerability risk and impact assessment
- Experience providing training and mentorship
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 2 years’ experience. Candidates with at least 4 years of strong related work experience will also be considered
Innovative Security Solutions is Our Business:
- Desired: 6+ years of working knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, mobile security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Current TS/SCI clearance is required for this position
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys Technology innovates and applies advanced technologies to solve the high-security requirements of commercial, critical infrastructure, defense and intelligence customers.
Valuing People is our Culture:
We think we have developed the ideal environment for creating a flourishing business AND a unique, enviable culture. We know that our culture is unique and that the work we do is interesting and challenging because we hear it all the time from our people. Our benefits include mentoring and training programs designed to identify and provide opportunities for career pathing; employee and family medical, vision, dental, and prescription plans; tuition reimbursement; corporate 401k contribution regardless of the amount of employee participation; a minimum of three weeks of vacation; a casual environment; flexible work hours/schedules; work/life balance; free biweekly lunches; weekly brown bag learning sessions; professional certification reimbursement; free sodas; CTF team; conference & seminar participation; R&D opportunities; certification study groups; and other professional development opportunities.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY