Tresys Technology, LLC is looking for multiple Forensics Engineers to plan, coordinate and direct forensic science activities including expert examinations, reporting of results, training and research that involve all aspects of digital evidence. This position is based in Northern Virginia. The candidate will be a member of a strong technical team with a high degree of autonomy and significant responsibility.
- Work includes doing forensics evaluations of Windows and Mac personal computers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor and independently with minimal supervision or direction. (required for senior, probably remove it for junior)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with scripting languages to automate investigative and routine functions.
- Experience with Microsoft, Apple, and Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience with workstation hardware and software.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities in a professional manner (triage, prioritization, multi-tasking, project scheduling).
- Proficient in developing detailed reports
- Experience in examination of digital devices (i.e., workstations)
- Strong understanding of file systems, operating systems, and common digital forensic artifacts and methodologies
- Ability to employ multiple forensic tools for a given analysis
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in effective communication with clients (required for senior, remove for junior)
- Proven ability to interface with clients and develop examination objectives based on clients’ needs
- Proficiency in forensic techniques and tools (e.g., X-Ways, EnCase, FTK Suite)
- Familiarity with network infrastructure components, as well as virtual and cloud environments.
- Experience in managing multiple projects, from inception to completion
- History of problem solving and taking initiative to research possible resolutions, as necessary
- Understand importance for developing new methods and solutions to adapt to new technology
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, Engineering or Math preferred.
- 5 years relevant experience
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Active TS/SCI with FSP required
Tresys Technology, LLC (www.tresys.com) is a leader and trusted partner in cybersecurity. Our in-depth solutions are vital to helping our commercial, defense, intelligence, federal civilian agency and critical infrastructure customers meet ever-evolving cybersecurity threats. From network and perimeter defense to product security analysis to the practical application of SELinux, we deliver solutions that protect and connect the world’s most critical networks.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys employs around 50 full-time associates dedicated to solving difficult security problems for our clients. We offer a full benefit package that includes Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, and more. With an environment that promotes casual dress and flexible work hours, we can focus on producing results for our clients. Innovative security solutions are our business; valuing people is our culture. We will provide our engineers with:
- Interesting problems at the heart of operating system security.
- An exciting, stable, small business work environment where creative thinking, expert software development skills, and team work are highly valued and rewarded.
- The freedom and autonomy you need to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Customers that need secure devices today to accomplish important work and missions.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY