Tresys has an opportunity for a hands-on Test Engineering Manager who is a creative thinker to lead and manage a team of test engineers. At Tresys, we believe that a great test engineering effort critically impacts the quality of the product delivered which can impact the security of mission critical software. Our team consists of professionals with intensely curious minds who vigorously explore features and find bugs by testing and evaluating technology systems that utilize hardware and software for mission critical cybersecurity systems. The primary responsibility of our Test Engineers is to find bugs, test features, and report these activities (e.g., document test steps, test results, etc.). As the Manager of Test Engineering for our entire product suite, you will be a SME in test engineering and: lead with a hands-on test approach; allocate resources to various efforts; set goals, objectives and internal deadlines; direct and mentor team members... With drive and interest, this job can shape and hone your expertise which may allow for growth into a Director-level position leading QA across our products and services organizations.
Your skills will support the development of products as well as government test and evaluation documentation, e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Test Plan, System Security Test Assessment, and T&E Reports. You will be leading and performing testing work with a tightknit product team that supports each other to deliver the highest quality Cross Domain Solution (CDS) possible.
The ability to quickly assess any given situation while maintaining diligent attention to detail is a must. To succeed in this role, one must be organized, resourceful, energetic, a fast learner, collaborative, and open to new ideas / experiences.
This position is based in our Columbia office.
- Manage and lead a team of test engineers
- Allocate resources across various efforts
- Continuously implement, improve and oversee all test engineering strategies
- Use and assess software and hardware features
- Understand environments and priorities for evaluation of systems
- Create test data and setup test environments
- Execute Testing and Data Collection
- Produce associated documentation for Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
- Knowledge and use of Linux systems including setup and configuration
- Use of Linux Command Line
- Experience using and evaluating technology systems that utilize hardware and software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office for documentation
- Software or Systems Testing experience
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures
- Desire to play with things and not be afraid to break them, be creative, work with developers, help the team, and be flexible.
- Have fun in the midst of chaos and hard work.
- Believe in producing quality products and speak up if you see an issue.
- Developing or using automated software testing tools on Linux OS
- Developing test tools in C, C++ or Java and scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of Information Assurance and/or Cybersecurity
- Experience with Linux logs, ftp, permissions
- Experience with Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Linux Security
- BS degree. Candidates should have at least 6 years of strong, related work experience in a leadership role.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements, DoD Secret Clearance preferred.
Innovative Security Solutions
is Our Business.
is our Culture.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys Technology innovates and applies advanced technologies to solve the high-security requirements of global defense and intelligence customers.
GREAT PEOPLE. GROWTH. GREAT BENEFITS. INTEGRITY.
These are just some of the words employees use to describe what makes Tresys a great place to work. We think we have developed the ideal environment for creating a flourishing business AND a unique, enviable culture. We know that our culture is unique and that the work we do is interesting and challenging because we hear it all the time from our people. Our benefits include mentoring and training programs
designed to identify and provide opportunities for career pathing
; employee and family medical, vision, dental, and prescription plans; tuition reimbursement; corporate 401k contribution regardless of the amount of employee participation; annual profitability bonuses; a minimum of three weeks of vacation; a casual environment; and flexible work hours/schedules.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY