Tresys Technology is looking for an outstanding and highly motivated IT Professional for a full-time role with our Product team. This role will participate in the development/production for our XD Bridge, XD Guardian, and XD Air Products as well as providing testing support for the team and customer support to clients. This is an excellent ground floor opportunity for someone seeking to break into the Software Engineering field.Typical Duties:
- Facilitate development for custom functionality
- Support automated testing systems - develop test tools
- Setup and configure systems
- Run production tests
- Handle level 1/2 Help Desk tickets
- Document processes and results
- Report status and issues
- Help get products ready for delivery
- Move equipment no more than 50 lbs.
Candidate must be project oriented and be able to multi-task and should understand the software development life-cycle. Linux experience is required.
Experience with scripting languages (Python, C, BASH), graphical interface libraries, and Linux system utilities is a plus. They must have attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures. They should have experience with MS Office for documentation. They should be a fast learner and energetic contributor. The ideal candidate will believe in producing quality products and speak up if they see an issue.
- You will continue to gain deep knowledge of Linux OS security processes, issues, and challenges.
- You will work with a world class team of focused engineers.
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, or Engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- Students with significant work or internship experience and a flexible schedule will be considered.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government contract requirements.
Tresys Technology, LLC (www.tresys.com
) is a leader and trusted partner in cybersecurity. Our in-depth solutions are vital to helping our commercial, defense, intelligence, federal civilian agency and critical infrastructure customers meet ever-evolving cybersecurity threats. From network and perimeter defense to product security analysis to the practical application of SELinux, we deliver solutions that protect and connect the world’s most critical networks.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys employs around 50 full-time associates dedicated to solving difficult security problems for our clients. We offer a full benefit package that includes Health Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, and more. With an environment that promotes casual dress and flexible work hours, we can focus on producing results for our clients. Innovative security solutions are our business; valuing people is our culture. We will provide our engineers with:
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY
- Interesting problems at the heart of operating system security.
- An exciting, stable, small business work environment where creative thinking, expert software development skills, and team work are highly valued and rewarded.
- The freedom and autonomy you need to tackle challenging technical problems.
- Customers that need secure devices today to accomplish important work and missions.