Tresys is looking for a highly skilled Security Engineer who has experience working in the full scope of mobile operating systems and applications security analysis. The individual will apply their expertise to perform penetration testing on hardened devices in our mobile device inspection lab.
The Engineer will be expected to actively analyze security functions for design weaknesses, technical flaws and system vulnerabilities. They will research new threats, attack vectors and risk and utilize their hacking skills on various mobile devices. They will perform manual testing using various open source penetration testing tools. They should have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, able to work independently and willing to take on new challenges - to roll up your sleeves and do what you need to do in order to solve problems. A high level of personal organization, persistence, communications, and attention to detail is a must. Part of their job is to try and break devices and get at the protected data. This individual is also responsible for documenting their findings and creating recommendations for improved device security.
- Knowledge of general security principles, protocols, and infrastructures.
- Background in computer architecture, system internals and operating systems.
- Interest in information security and cybersecurity.
- Background or interest in research.
- Analysis, testing, and debugging skills using tools like, ADB, gdb, Apktool, Wireshark, and tcpdump.
- Experience with Android security mechanisms.
- Familiarity with wireless/mobile technologies.
- Knowledge of Android operating system/frameworks.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on new challenges - to roll up your sleeves and do what you need to do in order to solve problems.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems at all layers (boot, kernel space, user space).
- Forensics and reverse engineering.
- ARM experience.
- High level of personal organization, persistence, and attention to detail.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, or comparable certification.
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field and 6 years’ experience. Candidates with at least 8 years of strong related work experience will also be considered.
- Current DoD Secret Clearance is required.